Monday, November 15, 2010

Blessings

Thanksgiving is right around the corner and even though it's been 1 year since I lost Willow Rose, I still have a lot to be thankful for. Of course I am thankful for my beautiful children, my health and my job. I'm also thankful that after losing Willow, we had the courage to try again. It was frightening at times, but now we have a handsome little boy, Gabriel.

I am also thankful for my husband, Will. Yesterday morning I woke up to a screaming newborn, a whiny toddler, a yapping dog and an overflowing toilet with no hubby in sight. I called his cell, but there was no answer (if you know Will, you know this is no surprise). Frustrated would have been an understatement. But life can come at you hard sometimes. Later that day we attended a Wake for our good friend, "Pepe" who recently lost his battle with cancer. He was 30 years old. He left behind his wife Gina, and three young children. My heart breaks for Gina, who is also a close friend and sorority sister.

Life is too short to fret about the small stuff. Before you know it, your loved one could be gone. I love my husband for many reasons. He is honest, giving and smart. He kisses me every morning before he leaves. He's never moody. He tells me I look beautiful, even when I think I don't. He knows the words to James Brown, Jon Bon Jovi, Snoop Dogg and The Backyardigans. He always puts his family first, no matter what. But most of all, he's always been my biggest supporter. He's seen me at my worst and he still loves me. When we lost Willow he was scared and he never wanted to see me go through that kind of pain again, but he never gave up hope.

By the way, my missing in action husband went grocery shopping at 7am that Sunday morning. He came home beaming with his booty. He was so proud that he had remembered my favorite cereal, bagels and hot cocoa mix. He's not perfect, but I would be lost without him.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mercy-
    I found your blog through faces of loss. You are so right....after the loss of my little Jeremiah in July I would be lost without my husband. Thank goodness for them! Congratulations on your rainbow baby...I can only hope we are so lucky. =0)_

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Raquel and good luck to you. I am following your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete