Friday, November 12, 2010

365 Days


Wow! What a journey. I can't believe it's been 1 year since we said goodbye to Willow Rose. The events leading up to that day are still fresh in my mind. Even certain smells can trigger a memory of Willow.

Losing a child is a terrible thing to happen to anyone. It becomes even more complicated if that child never lived outside the womb. I will always consider Willow my third child. I miss Willow so much, but I am thankful for Gabriel. I am also thankful Will and I had enough courage to try to conceive again after such a devastating loss.

It hasn't been easy this week, but I have to admit Gabriel was a good distraction. A good friend from church stopped by on Willow's "Angelversary" and was so sweet to bring pink roses in memory of Willow. I displayed them next to the angel statute and her urn in our living room. It was a day filled with a plethora of emotions. I laughed, I reminisced and of course I cried.

365 days after I lost Willow, I still wonder "Why?" What was the reason for this loss. I still don't know why she died, or how exactly I am supposed to do to honor her, but I will continue to try my best. For now, it's important to me that her memory lives on and I continue to tell Willow's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment