Friday, August 13, 2010

I'm Not Alone

I just wanted to take the time to mention a very important website I recently discovered. www.facesofloss.com has become such a part of my life. I can't believe there hasn't been a website like this before. It's sad to read everyone's story regarding their loss. Everyone's story is so different, but then again it's the same. We are a community of women... mothers, fathers, aunts, grandparents who have lost a child. The loss is not less significant because it happened during the third trimester, the second or just days after finding out about this tiny being growing inside.

A part of my healing process has been to talk about Willow Rose and her death. I know it makes some people uncomfortable, but some have embraced my courage. Some have taken the opportunity to ask questions. Some feel more comfortable to share their own story. I'm so thankful to be able to share my journey with others, but saddened by their losses.

No comments:

Post a Comment