Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Only A Mother Could Love a Face Like That

Newborn babies aren't cute. We've all been in that situation when a coworker comes back to work to show off her newborn baby, just weeks after delivery. She parades them around from cubicle to cubicle and everyone (especially non-mothers) are forced to oooh and awww over the wrinkled little being.

As a mother I thought my babies were the most beautiful babies when they were born. But as I look back to their hospital photo shoots, I'm glad my babies outgrew the little old man/ woman stage. It's like Benjamin Button. But I still think my kids are adorable and once I give birth to this baby boy I will be at work to show off my handsome little "old" man!

That being said, last Friday I had my first glimpse of my little guy in 3D! I was expecting a normal ultrasound that day with the Maternal Fetal Dr. So you can imagine my surprise when the tech pushed a button and suddenly we were looking inside my womb at a moving and yawning baby. It was pretty cool... for about 10 seconds, then panic set in. Our baby looked like a demon child!

I think the tech sensed our shock because she agreed that babies are cuter in 2D at this stage because their lack of fat (you're telling me!) When we were scheduling our next appointment the tech stopped by to be sure we took our 3D pics home. Will and I were just hoping to leave that memory behind. You know... what happens in the ultrasound room, stays in the ultrasound room!

I'll be the first one to admit, this baby looks scary (in 3D), but I guess I'll sleep in peace knowing his 2D picture of his profile is freaking adorable. I'll forgo 3D images for now and wait for the real thing. But in the meantime, here's a photo of our worst nightmare!



No comments:

Post a Comment