Friday, January 21, 2011

If You Can't Beat 'em Join 'em (unless they are the Bears!)

I don't like football. I never did. Not only do I NOT understand what's going on most of the time, I find it incredibly boring. Every Sunday I would grab my credit cards and go shopping while my husband rotted on the couch watching several games in a row. I reminded him that football made me spend money. Then the playoffs would come around. We wouldn't go to church, we wouldn't even leave the house. We would have to plan whole days around game time. It was frustrating.

Then something happened. I think I just gave up. Maybe I got caught up in all the hoopla. The Packers are in the playoffs and I've actually watched a few games from beginning to end. I may have talked through most of the games. Asked many questions, commented on sweaty butts, funny names and God awful uniform color combination's. But it's a start, right? I think my husband is happy just to be able to skip a fun-filled Sunday at the Art Museum or shopping for pacifier clips and coloring books at Target. Although he doesn't need to fret. There are two more game days left and then he belongs to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment