Friday, September 17, 2010

Boy Oh Boy!

I am thrilled to be so close to holding my baby boy. But as I think back to the day I found out he was a "He" I can't say I didn't feel a little cheated. I think I was expecting another girl mostly because I had been pregnant with a girl before we lost her unexpectedly. I know Willow could never be replaced, but I assumed this baby's sex would be the same.

Ironically, when I found out I was pregnant with Willow, I felt a little disconcerted when I found out she was a girl. I wasn't praying for one sex or another, but just knowing at that time, that I wouldn't have the chance to have another boy was a bit of a let down for me.

Either way, it has taken some time to embrace this baby's sex. Of course I wanted him healthy. That was the most important thing. And I was glad he was here, but it seemed that everything about a boy made things more difficult. Where he would sleep (he will initially share a room w/ his sister... which is pink by the way). Picking a name has been a challenge. However, the most disappointing part of delivering a bouncing, baby boy are the clothes! I know, they are just clothes. But why must everything be blue and have tiny footballs on it? So, I've been on a quest. Although Packer pajamas may not be avoidable, I will try to dress my baby boy as fashionable as possible. In the meantime, I found these at Baby Gap!



No comments:

Post a Comment