Saturday, September 11, 2010

40 Days

My pregnancy ticker is reminding me I have a mere 40 days to go! Can you imagine? It seems like I have been pregnant forever... or at least a year. If you read my previous post this pregnancy combined with my previous pregnancy (RIP Willow) equals a total of 55 weeks of pregnancy, minus a 7 week hiatus. People ask me if I'm ready for it to be over, and I joke back that I can't wait! But truth be told, as much as I want to hold my baby boy in my arms, I'm not sure if I am ready for my pregnancy to end.

Weeks ago when my back/ hip/ leg pain was at it's worst I probably was ready for it all to be over with. But with every kick, jab or squirm I feel I feel a bit of sadness knowing that it's all about to come to an end. Since this is my last pregnancy I want to cherish the last 40 days of this pregnancy, which comes with lots of pros.

For 40 days I can wear elastic-waist maternity pants (which I absolutely dreaded in the beginning), I can be proud of my protruding belly, and my penguin-esque waddle. I can eat whatever I want, whether it's an extra helping of mashed potatoes or a piece of chocolate cake. And best of all I have a loving husband and caring son that dote on me and help out without complaint. Not to mention all the chores I get out of doing right now.

However, Baby Boy will need to meet the rest of the world very soon now. I can't wait to meet him and Olivia is absolutely anxious about his pending arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment