Friday, February 5, 2010

Clomid+HCG+IUI

Zzzzzz. I've been suffering from insomnia lately. I haven't been able to pinpoint the root cause of my sleepless nights, but I'm hoping to get a full 7 hours sleep soon. So please be patient with any ramblings in this blog!

I had my follow up appointment with my RE, Dr. H on Thursday (sans dear hubby). Will was instructed to drop Olivia off at daycare and meet me at the Dr's office, but somewhere between home and the Falls, he forgot where his final destination should be, so he went to work instead. Anyone who knows my husband would not be surprised by this.

Our next course of treatment will be 100 mg of Clomid, HCG trigger shot and IUI. For all my fertile blog readers out there, IUI is basically artificial insemenation (Will's boys of course). The Clomid is taken prior to the IUI to help induce ovulation and the HCG trigger shot is to help mature my eggs. Since the IUI is painless and not much different from a regular pap, I'm most concerned about the trigger shot. Especially since I will have to rely on Will to do the deed. This is the man that was balled into the fetal position while I was getting poked, over and over, for my IV. Apparently I have "little" veins and they "roll"! Besides, something just doesn't seem right about giving a woman drugs that cause MAJOR mood swings, then arming dear husband with a needle.

This is all supposed to start our next cycle, which should be sometime after V-Day! Besides the hefty price tag of $1,500 I'm really excited about this next step of our journey. The amount of money will be well worth it if it works out for us! Wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment