Saturday, February 27, 2010

Abuela's Gift

My Abuela died in her home in Puerto Rico on Monday, February 15th. I didn't receive the news until Tuesday, the day my pregnancy was confirmed by Dr. H. She was 99, so it wasn't a complete shock. I can't help but think of the Circle of Life (can't you just hear the Lion King song now).

Since my initial visit to the RE my Beta numbers have increased nicely. However my third blood draw indicated that my progesterone had dipped a little. My Dr considered my progesterone "borderline" and immediately put me on a progesterone supplement. Of course it must be a vaginal supplement because nothing that has to do with pregnancy can be easy for me.

Since my Dr routinely schedules only 3 Beta checks, every other day, I haven't had an opportunity to have my levels checked in over a week. As much as I HATE needles, I appreciated those updates for reassurance that everything is going well. That's why I welcomed my first bout of nausea. I know it seems crazy, but once I got that familiar nauseous feeling and slight headache I welcomed it, knowing that it meant this wasn't all in my head. This little bean inside of me is growing! And right now, we are referring to this little baby as, "Pumpkin" due to the EDD being in October. We are looking forward to our first scheduled ultrasound, Thursday March 11th!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Little Pumpkin!! Way to make your Mommy queasy!! :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete