Saturday, March 13, 2010

Yo!

Will and I had our first ultrasound on Thursday. I was so nervous I was shaking. Will did a good job trying to keep me calm. The staff seems to get a kick out of Will every time he comes to visit... Mr. Personality!

I knew since I was only about 8 weeks along that I would get to be more acquainted with the "hoo-ha wand". Which means a vaginal ultrasound. Yay me! I forgot to mention this to Will. Even after I removed my pants, he never thought to ask why I was getting undressed. Will positioned himself at the bottom of the table and he sat in the chair. There were two monitors in the room. One for the patient to view and one for the Dr. I told Will that I wanted him to sit next to me and he said he would move to that chair when they came back. Well, Dr. H and Nurse J returned and asked me scoot my butt down to the edge of the table. I gave Will the stink eye, but he still didn't budge from his prime seating. Finally I yelled at him, "I want you over here!" I giggled and explained that I know we've been married for over 9 years, but I wasn't comfortable with him looking straight up my va-jay-jay while the Dr. molested me with the happy stick. Everyone seemed to get a kick out of this. It wasn't until this point did Will realize what type of ultrasound I was really having that day.

Dr. H seemed very pleased with Pumpkin's size. The heartbeat was 150 and we even got to hear the lovely swish swish sound. It was music to my ears. Of course I cried tears of joy and hope, but they were still tainted with fear. Will kept asking the Dr if she only saw one (she did). And he seemed to get a big kick out of the Dr referring to the yolk sac. So he keeps referring to the baby as "Yo" now. We will return in 2 weeks to check the growth of the baby and determine a due date based on the baby's size. Then I may have one more ultrasound before I'm released to my OBGYN (who I haven't even found yet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment