Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Hope

I carried you inside my womb until the 21st week
When I heard the news, I could not speak
Your tiny heart beat no more
When I heard those words, my heart tore
I blamed myself even though they told me no
It was my job to protect you so

Willow Rose, our beautiful baby
I dream of what you would have been lately
I counted your ten perfect fingers and toes
They dressed you in delicate, crocheted clothes
Your miniature body lay lifeless
They tell me, you have two children, you're already blessed

I yearn everyday for my little girl
The days since I lost you are still a blur
All that is tangible are your ashes in an urn
Dried up funeral flowers; carnations, roses and ferns
All I have are dreams of what you would have been
My hope is in heaven, I will hold you again

No comments:

Post a Comment