Monday, December 6, 2010

Snip! Snip!

I thought I would continue the subject of penises. But today I'm thinking about Will's. It's been 6 weeks since I gave birth to Gabriel and now it's time to decide on our method of birth control. It seems so crazy that we went from worrying about trying to get pregnant to worrying about preventing pregnancy. We tried many years to get pregnant with Olivia. We used fertility treatment to get pregnant with Willow and who would have thought that 7 1/2 weeks after we lost our baby girl, that we would have a surprise pregnancy... Gabriel! PCOS can be unpredictable, so it's important that we cover our basis. With our luck we would conceive natural triplets or something crazy.

I'm a horrible pill taker. I always forget. I never finish prescription antibiotics. I was even terrible about taking my prenatal vitamins. So a birth control pill would be a very bad option for me. So Will decided he will get a vasectomy. That's right! His idea. I know there are other options out there, but we can't afford another baby. But, something inside me feels a little sad knowing this will be my last baby. My last pregnancy. My last chance to nurture a newborn! A vasectomy is so final. I asked Will if he was even a little bit concerned with pursuing this. Without hesitation he exclaimed, "No!". Well, besides, the (minor) surgery itself.

I know this is it for us. Our family is as complete as it will ever be (sans Willow). I just have to try and savor every day with Gabriel, Olivia and Terrell. They grow up so fast and before I know it they will be adults having children of their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment