Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Another Girl on the Way!

Looks like Miss LiLi will have some competition. Today I had a scheduled Dr's appointment. I actually didn't even tell Will I had an appointment because I knew he was so busy at work. So it was just me and Olivia. Usually these appointments are routine and pretty boring, so I didn't think it would be a big deal if Olivia tagged along. Well 5 minutes into the exam the Dr couldn't detect the baby's heartbeat. I knew something was wrong and I began to panic (on the inside). This was the first appointment I have ever been to without Will! I was wishing he was there at that very moment!!

When I was back in the waiting room, I sent Will a text letting him know what was going on. I didn't want to make him worry, but I knew he would help calm me down. He immediately called back and was ready to drive to the Dr, but I told him "No".

Thank God the ultrasound tech found the heartbeat right away. Baby looks good! She determined (with much confidence) that it was a girl. I was very excited to hear that, but I was sad Will wasn't there to find out at the same time. I called him as soon as it was over and he was so excited about another "Baby girl"! I didn't care what sex the baby was, but in a way I am sort of sad knowing it's not a boy. At the same time I am thrilled it's another girl. She will share a room with Olivia (and clothes!) and I really hope they are the best of friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment